I think CHAMPS did open the idea of okay, everyone can be a team member in patient care; it’s not just the doctor. The nurse plays a role, even people who work the front desk and reception area. Everyone works as a team to generate the goal that we want.
– Physician, CHAMPS Intervention Site
Researchers from George Washington University Milken Institute School of Public Health and Rho, a contract research organization, coordinated the program and conducted the research with support and oversight from MCAN and RCHN.
Participating Research Sites
CHAMPS would not be possible without the participation of six Federally Qualified Health Centers, who acted as research and implementation sites for the project. Three of the six FQHCs served as interventions sites and worked with the Research Collaborators to design and develop the project. The remaining three sites acted as control sites.
- El Rio Community Health Center - Tucson, AZ
- Cherry Health - Grand Rapids, MI
- Costa Salud Community Health Centers - Rincon, PR
- Mariposa Community Health Center - Nogales, AZ
- Center for Family Health - Jackson, MI
- Camuy Health Services Inc - Camuy, PR
Next: Learn more about the design of the CHAMPS intervention.