Asthma Coalition of Los Angeles County
The Coalition is a broad-based comprehensive coalition of experts from community-based organizations, advocacy groups, universities, government entities, school districts, environmental groups, health plans, hospitals, and clinics in Los Angeles County.
The Asthma Coalition of Los Angeles County is a collective, powerful voice for policy and systems change to prevent, minimize and manage the burden of asthma.
The goals of the Coalition are described in the document “Controlling Asthma in Los Angeles: A Call to Action”(downloadable at http://lapublichealth.org/mch/CHI/chi_asthma.htm). The six key recommendations in the Call to Action comprise the goals of the Coalition. They are to:
1. Increase access to and improve quality of health care;
2. Improve indoor air quality in homes and workplaces;
3. Improve asthma management in schools, child care
centers, and child care homes;
4. Improve outdoor air quality;
5. Address race/ethnic and socio-economic disparities; and
6. Strengthen research related to asthma.